10.15.2009

Photoshop Play
So, I'm learning photoshop "all-by-myself" (as the child likes to say).   OK, not all by myself, I have books and the internet, but let's face it, I'm not patient enough to really read any of it, so I have bits and pieces of knowledge that when thrown together they look, well, pretty funny.  I know words like 'mask' and 'texture' and 'layer' - unfortunately, I don't know the true definitions - just the words.  But, I'll throw 'em around like a hot potato!
SOOC (Straight-out-of-camera)
Ahh - I love pink.

SOOC

A Blast of Happiness!  I may have to print this just to see.  I bet it turns out really strange looking.

SOOC - It was tough to capture on my little point n shoot (ya know, before the "real" camera!).  The dark sky with the way the storm was moving in was really, really cool.  So, I printed it on Shutterfly and the people were almost black.  Goes to prove you don't really know what it will print like, especially with online printers.   So, I thought, why not play?  I'm not trying to win any awards here. 
  So, I lightened the people, but not the rest.  Obviously, given the glow around them.:)
And so, now, I've moved them from North Padre to Florida, just like that.  I know, it doesn't look real, but it was a great exercize in layers and masks. 

No comments: